//
you're reading...
Ruminations, The Writer's Life, Writings

Who I’m Following – Bloggers in UK and AU Start My Day

Every once in a while (okay, a great while) some new person somewhere in the world stumbles upon a post of mine and subscribes to my blog. I always check our their blogs to get an idea of who they are and to see if their blogs are worth following. A couple of recent finds that are worth your time and effort:

David Francis Barker Poetry and Painting: David lives in somewhere in the UK. His art in both disciplines is excellent, but it’s his philosophy that intrigues. He is essentially self taught, having dropped out of university art courses. He admits his early work wasn’t great, but his passion for his art helped him stay with it and learn. His latest post talks about his realization of who he is and why he continues to paint and write. Although I eventually went back to school for a writing MFA, I identify with his outlook and his path in life.

The Wuc: Self-described as “a broth of thoughts, stories, wucs and wit.” From her About page: “I’m a chick living in Australia, working for the man. I hate office work with a passion usually reserved for James Cameron, but somehow I ended up with a career behind a desk, stapling my forehead at random intervals.” There’s more, and it’s all good. Usually hilarious (unless I can’t understand her Aussie slang). Sample posts include I’m gonna punch you in the ovary and Are you trying to Garfunkel me? Just go there. See for yourself.

Advertisements

About Joe Ponepinto

Co-publisher, with Kelly Davio, of Tahoma Literary Review. Author of "Curtain Calls," a featured Kirkus Review. Married to Dona. Dad to Henry, the coffee-drinkin' dog.

Discussion

4 thoughts on “Who I’m Following – Bloggers in UK and AU Start My Day

  1. Don’t worry about the issue of Australian slang comprehension: I’m an Australian-based blogger, and I have no idea what I’m saying 80% of the time either. The other 20% usually sees me rereading stuff I’ve written and asking, “WTF was I thinking?”

    Posted by disseminatedthought | January 20, 2012, 1:33 PM
  2. Funny, the same thing happens to me in American.

    Posted by jpon | January 20, 2012, 1:47 PM
  3. Love those paintings with poetry! As a writer, I have always known writer-types, but now that I blog I have made connections with many visual artists and it’s opened up a whole new world and way of looking at things. Thanks for the links– I look forward to seeing what you’re seeing.

    Posted by girl in the hat | January 20, 2012, 6:57 PM
  4. Thanks so much OnLit, truly awesome of ye.

    Posted by the wuc | January 23, 2012, 3:00 AM

Tahoma Literary Review Now Open for Submissions

TLR is officially open for submissions of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. To find out more about this new (paying) literary journal, please visit us at Tahoma Literary Review.

Enter your email address to subscribe to Joe's blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 7,385 other followers